Kids Need Kiwanis - Kiwanis Needs You
Kiwanis International is a global organization of members of every age who are dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
The Wisconsin - Upper Michigan District was established in 1918. Now over 90 years later, the Wisconsin - Upper Michigan remains active with 11 divisions and 165 clubs.
Members in every corner of the district are committed to developing future generations of leaders through guidance and example. They are ordinary people performing extraordinary work in your community every day. From revitalizing neighborhoods to organizing youth sports programs, from tutoring to building playgrounds, Kiwanis willingly perform countless projects to help children.
For more information please contact:
WI-UM Executive Director
571 Center St., Berlin, WI 54923
Message from the Governor
Announcing the WI-UM Governor’s
I am pleased to announce the 2016 - 17 Wisconsin Upper Michigan Kiwanis District Membership Challenge. The purpose of the challenge is to grow the ability of our Kiwanis clubs to serve children by growing membership in our clubs. More members mean more energy that we can bring to our vital programs and ensure that our programs last well into our second century.
All membership increase numbers will be measured by your club membership numbers as of October 1, 2016 as compared with your club membership numbers as of September 30, 2017. See the fine print at the bottom for rules.
Here’s how it works.
- Bronze Award. Grow your club by 2 members and your club will be acknowledged in Kiwanews and receive a Bronze Award certificate.
- Silver Award. Grow your club by either the greatest number of new members or the greatest percentage of new members in your division and your will receive a visit by the governor, governor elect or immediate past governor to present the Silver Award in addition to acknowledgement in Kiwanews..
- Diamond Award. Grow your club by either the greatest number of new members or the greatest percentage of new members in the entire district and your club will be acknowledged in Kiwanews, get a visit by the governor and be acknowledged at the district convention as the growth club of the year.
- And, the “Everybody In” lottery. For each new member in your club, above the October 2016 level, you will receive one ticket in the WI-UM Membership Lottery. After the September 2017 membership totals are finalized, all tickets will be placed in a drum for a lottery. The winning ticket will be worth a $1,000 prize to the winning Kiwanis Club. Every club that grows gets a chance but the more new members, the more chances your club gets.
So, Kiwanians, let’s go sign ‘em up!
The fine print:
- In order to be eligible, the club must be in good standing (up to date in dues payments).
- In order to be eligible for the Diamond Award based on percentages, the club must be a charter strength.
- All members not returning to a club must be dropped by September 30, 2017.
- In order to be counted for this contest, all new members must be enrolled in Kiwanis International by September 30, 2017.
- The cash award may be deposited in the winning club’s administrative account or foundation.
- For award and lottery purposes, all membership numbers will be based on the number used for the invoice by Kiwanis International.
Thank you for your service.
John R. Collins,
Wisconsin Upper Michigan District
8773 - 3rd Ave
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158